I was in need of a tasty bar recipe. And I knew my sister, A, would have a good recipe on hand. As a teacher and fellow baker, I knew she wouldn’t fail me. Five minutes after my phone call, I have the emailed recipe and text with the picture from the cookbook.
S’mores Bars. That was the answer. Apparently they were a hit when she last made them.
It only took 3 grocery stores to collect all the ingredients. We were out walking around for the day and hit them on our way home.
- Trader Joe’s: chips and butter (no marshmallows or graham crackers or unsweetened chocolate)
- Whole Foods: graham crackers, organic of course (gluten free and fat free marshmallows? can’t do that so had to make that 3rd stop)
- NSA: unsweetened chocolate and marshmallows.
And they were a hit at the party. Graham cracker crust, fudgy brownie, chocolatey top. A bit of sweet and crunch. I’ll be adding these to my make again list.
10 Honey Maid Grahams, broken in half (20 squares) divided
- Line: 13×9 inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Place 15 squares in pan, with sides overlapping slightly. Break remaining grahams into pieces.
- Microwave: Butter and chocolate squares in large microwavable bowl on high 2 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour. Pour over grahams in pan.
- Bake: 30-32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake). Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chunks. Bake 3-5 min. or until marshmallows begin to puff. Press reserve graham pieces gently into marshmallows. Cool. Use foil to lift brownies from pan before cutting to serve.