Just back from a week in Corolla, North Carolina. It was a relaxing week with great friends, many laughs, and much reminiscing (I forgot all those Boston memories!). I shared a house with the Whites (B of the Whites is my college roommate), the Potts and Ms. Chopra. Six adults and 3 little kids (very cute kids I have to add).
The White family heading to the beach.
Some lessons learned from the week:
- Spray sunscreen is great for touch ups at the beach, but there is nothing like the lotion for full coverage sun protection.
- Beach tent is a must. Why didn’t they have these growing up?
- Sangria with the kids’ mandarin oranges is a perfect pool side treat.
- Steak-ums are underrated.
- A self imposed technology ban is a great thing.
- You can never laugh enough (and we had plenty of laughs).
- Hermit crabs are still sold as pets, 20+ years after I had one.
- Yahtzee! can be competitive.
- You can never have enough wet ones or snacks for kids.
- Put put / miniature golf at high noon is tough.